The Old Glass Boats.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2018, 03:18:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
News
     Welcome to
The Old Glass Boats
T.W.M.                       
Search:     Advanced search
** Home Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register*
1125 Posts in 322 Topics by 166 Members Latest Member: 56delmar
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: possible new category?  (Read 11460 times)
csf64ss
Bluejacket.

« on: September 04, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »

where do you work on your boat?...do you have a shop/garage dedicated spot for your boat...........post pics of your shop/garage/work area......heres mine
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Denise
Boatswain.

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:47:45 AM »

Well, I will have to dig out some pictures.......I have a workshop we built a couple of years ago, I had drawn out the plans many years before and it was great when we finally got it off the paper! It holds my wood working tools etc. and crates on a shelf for all kinds of stuff including my boat stuff. It isn't big enough to put a boat in, but all my stuff is right where I need it now. And the shelves have duel purposes! LOL!

I cleared out the garage of VW's to paint my trailer and put a new floor in my Elgin.

Here is a link to a video that was done when I redid the floor in my Elgin......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hbkgv3mELtw&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Hbkgv3mELtw&amp;rel=0</a>

"The world is like a mirror; frown at it, and it frowns at you. Smile, and it smiles, too." 

Herbert Samuel, English political leader (1870-1963)
Denise
Boatswain.

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:51:35 AM »

Here is the inside.......right now the shop is completely filled with junk! Can't get to things as our daughter got married in May and the reception was held here so you can guess where all the junk went getting ready for that! Working on getting it cleaned out this month as I have house projects laying in wait.

"The world is like a mirror; frown at it, and it frowns at you. Smile, and it smiles, too." 

Hoggar
Coxswain.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:10:35 AM »

Well its been a mega busy week at work Ive been promoted to a professional position and our entire
department has been moving all of our equipment up to the 5th floor of our newly remodeled building.
I got the server moved to its new home and hopefully when we get the net work setup in our new
space I can reply to these posts at a civilized hour.

I don't have any current pictures of my shop but ill try to get some this weekend and post them up.
BTW Charlie I'm way jealous of your work space.

Denise's blows mine outta the watter as well.

Hoggar.

Hõggar.

There Is a very fine line between
  "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

1961 Elgin.
1967 Johnson Surfer.
csf64ss
Bluejacket.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »

denise i love the "bunk bed" shot......and i see that you are  a "sears-craftsman/woman"....all my cabinets were purchased "scratch an dent" or at garage sales.........with the exception of the real big one ......dont know if you noticed  but its my garage refrigerator!.......precut ash slats and 1/4 round glued up......and screwed into door...lil flat blk an some grey for the "faux draw pulls"
Denise
Boatswain.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 09:44:50 AM »

NO! Didn't notice, but how cool is that!!! I am going to have to show that to my brother!

Yes I am the tool lady.....my oldest says I am the easiest Mom to buy for! He presented me with a present early as he knew my pull-saw had seen better days and saw me struggling with the old one. My father-in-law loved shopping for me at Xmas, especially since he would tell the clerks "no, its not for my son, it is for my daugher-in-law!" LOL! He gave me his ShopSmith and it was one of the best Xmas' ever. My step-son gave me the 10' radial arm saw, my husband gave me a planner, angle grinder and new jigsaw......I saved my Xmas' and birthday money and bought myself my "Midnight Blue" roll-a-way Craftsman tool chest! Love it and it is in my favorite color. 

Been a few years since we built the shop, boy have the kids grown!!! Here is a picture from the wedding of our daughter this past May.......the short one on the end is my step-son Justin who came down from WA for his sister's wedding. Been part of his life since he was 18 months...he was the one missing from the bunk bed shot.

csf64ss
Bluejacket.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 10:35:57 AM »

my "lovely wife kim" as they say on wheel o' fortune....thought i was nutz when i started the whole theme garage thing...i based it on an old late 50's early 60's texaco because the color scheme matched the house...and it took off!...her mom gave me my first piece a, thermometer...and i just when crazy.........i made all the benches....window surrounds.....its kinda like a reverse facade...where what you see would be on the outside of an old gas station...i have yet to get a repro pump cause there real exspensive...but its in the future......the frig was the best thou...i saw a small one in a catologe....and after lookin at it.....and goin to the 'Depot...i said yeah i can do that.........
Denise
Boatswain.

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 09:00:17 AM »

I have a gas pump, however much older than what you are looking for. A friend of mine gave it to me, and now that my family/patio room is built it will reside there. It came out of his parents home and was used. My grandma had one too, however nothing fancy like this.

My house has a theme of old, but no certain year really. Old oil lamps, light fixtures (1920's, 1950's), tables, radios and even put an old clawfoot tub in the bathroom. And as you see my shop has old tools on display in my shop too. My kitchen inclues my 1953 O'keefe & Merit griddle in the middle stove and a small 1940's Fridedaire.

Merks
Bluejacket.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 07:44:51 PM »

Hi guys: I'm going to try and post  a picture of my shop.

Denise I love that picture of the kids and think you need to clean off the selfs and update the pic every few years.

Happy Boating, Merks
Denise
Boatswain.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »

You just made me laugh out loud MERKS! And your RIGHT! If Taylor makes it home for Xmas I will clean off those dang shelfs and do just what you said! What a great idea!

Gonna be hard getting them to go with Mom's quirky idea again.......but I will just tell them it was YOURS and give them your email address!

csf64ss
Bluejacket.

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 03:47:36 PM »

awesome....... you made my day! ....now lets watch it flourish........i bet theres plent of people who take just as much pride in their boat as their shop...........shweeeeeeeet! thanx hoggar!
strtbobber
Bluejacket.

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »

Here's my shack.......16'x24'. But it beats the crap outta working in the driveway.   Tongue
pathfinderz1
Mustang.

Dry land boating

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 07:05:45 PM »

I can't go for  it those shops are to clean. I would be afraid to get someting dirty. When I first got my shop setup I could drive a car in it. Now with motors on one side and table saw with planer and other things on the other side I can just make it down the middle.
I did put a hanging heater in the back the runs offf propane and sure heats it up in the winter.
I had some pix of the inside of the shop but can't find them
Mike aka pathfinder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: