The Old Glass Boats.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2020, 05:12:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
News
     Welcome to
The Old Glass Boats
T.W.M.                       
Search:     Advanced search
** Home Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register*
1125 Posts in 322 Topics by 170 Members Latest Member: Sidcraft builder
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Homelite 55 & Bearcat 55 four stroke period correct outboards  (Read 39255 times)
billr
Bluejacket.

« on: April 03, 2009, 12:50:45 AM »

They make a great choice for powering your glassic, you can carry less fuel, no blue smoke, no oil in the water.
Think about it, they're likely period-correct for your fin or non-fin glassic, and they're just as cool too.

I sell complete running Homelite 55 and Fisher Pierce Bearcat 55 outboard motors, and parts to maintain them.
Currently, I have one of the largest collections of NOS (new old stock) and used parts in existence, and scores of happy customers. I'm near Seattle WA, but ship nationwide every week, and internationally too.

The 55 was produced from 1961 to 1972, and was the sole American 4 cycle outboard produced for most of that period.
Part-throttle fuel economy is stupendous:
At idle rpm in ahead gear, a Homelite 55 will run about 44 minutes on a quart of fuel, whereas an Evinrude 75hp V4 of same period will run 6 minutes. That's less than .5gph vs 2.5gph
Even at wide open the Homelite will consume only 4.6gph vs about 9gph for the OMC.

Tune-up parts are available at your NAPA store, if you can change points/plugs in your car, you can easily self-maintain one of these. Friendly advice and all other parts available from me.

Please see the website links in my signature below the pics for more information.
I'm a member of AOMCI and the local Puget Sounders chapter (www.pugetsoundersaomc.org)
Attached files Thumbnail(s):

BillR, near Seattle WA
Sales/parts/support for Homelite 55 & Bearcat 55 4 stroke outboards

www.robertsmaritimesystems.com

www.bearcat55.com

www.classicskagitboatclub.com
trs13tech
Bluejacket.

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 11:07:23 PM »

I have been a customer of Bill's for the last year.  Since I am new to classic boats, my knowledge was some what limited. Bill has helped more then I can imagined . The homelite is a great motor and is very reliable when in need Bill can supply the parts.

Thanks Bill keep it up
Hoggar
Coxswain.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »

Bill Can you tell me how much the 50hp Bear cat weighs?

Hoggar.

Hõggar.

There Is a very fine line between
  "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

1961 Elgin.
1967 Johnson Surfer.
pathfinderz1
Mustang.

Dry land boating

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 08:58:47 AM »

Hey Ron If my memery servers me right it's aroung 225 lbs . I know a little late with and answer but was going though everything on the site.
Mike
Hoggar
Coxswain.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 02:33:15 PM »

Thanks Mike.

Hõggar.

There Is a very fine line between
  "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

1961 Elgin.
1967 Johnson Surfer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print